Friday, March 25, 2011

National Letting-Go-of-Stuff Day

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1 (NIV)

Just heard on the radio that today is National Letting-Go-of-Stuff Day.  It's also National Waffle Day, National Pecan Day and National Lobster Newburg Day.

Doesn't this info just crack you up? They (being those who stand to make a profit from promoting whatever) will come up with the craziest ways to make a buck!

I do have to admit, though, that the first one intrigued me. No money to be made there, but lots of benefit to those who need to let go of stuff.  Whether it's hard feelings, unhealthy relationships, negative thought patterns, bad habits or just too much stuff piled high in your closets, it's good to let go of the things that bog you down.

And it goes without saying, that if you have allowed sin to creep into your life, let it go!

So, even though the day is almost over, I'm going to give some thought to things I might need to let go of.  How about you?

Prayer,
Father, if there is anything holding me back, anything that is zapping my energy, anything that I need to let go of, please bring it to my mind and help me to turn it lose. Amen

--------------------------------------------------------
(Copyright© 2011 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

No comments: