Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Have Good News For You!

"As the Scripture says, "Anyone who calls on the Lord will be saved."

But before people can ask the Lord for help, they must believe in him; and before they can believe in him, they must hear about him; and for them to hear about the Lord, someone must tell them; and before someone can go and tell them, that person must be sent...

So faith comes from hearing the Good News, and people hear the Good News when someone tells them about Christ." Romans 10:13-15a, 17 (NCV)

I love talking with people. As a writer, I talk through the written word, but whether I am talking with someone face-to-face or through my writing, my favorite subject is Jesus Christ.  Why? Because I know what faith in Christ has meant to me...how He has changed my life and how wonderful it is to walk with Him in an on-going relationship each day - and I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world.

Once, my sins separated me from God. I was on my own, doing my own thing and my own thing got me into lots of trouble. With the "freedom" to do anything I wanted, I freely messed up my life, broke my own heart and hurt many people around me. I had big plans for my life, but my dreams would never have come true because I kept making stupid decisions along the way that derailed my best intentions.

Then, someone told me about Jesus. Actually, several someones told me about Him. Until finally one day the lights came on and faith was birthed in my heart. At that moment I believed in Him. I knew that not only was He the Son of God, who had come to Earth to take the penalty of sin upon Himself, but that it was my sins that He bore on the cross.

It was for me that He died, that I might be forgiven and that my relationship with God might be restored, but I have Good News...it was for you, too!

God's Word says, "Anyone who calls on the Lord will be saved."

So, here's the bottom line. Before you can ask the Lord for help, you must believe in Him; and before you can believe in Him, you must hear about Him; and for you to hear about the Lord, someone must tell you.

I have been sent to tell you...that Jesus Christ loves you,. He wants to forgive your sins. He wants to change your life. He wants to restore a right relationship between you and God. He wants to walk with you everyday through this life. He wants you to spend eternity in Heaven. He wants you to experience the joy of a new life with Him.

I have been sent to tell you the Good News and you've just heard it.

So if faith comes from hearing the Good News, then faith should be stirring in your heart right now...faith to believe in Jesus Christ, faith to receive Him as your personal Savior and faith to pray this prayer....

Prayer:
Jesus, I do believe in You and I do want to receive forgiveness for my sins.  I want to live the rest of my life led by you.  I give myself to you, now and receive all that you have for me.  It is my intent to live for you all the days of my life and to allow you to guide my decisions and my path until I go to Heaven to be with you.  I may not be sure how this all works, but I am willing to follow you. Come into my heart and be my Lord.  Amen

*If you just prayed that prayer with a sincere heart, then Jesus Christ has just cleansed you from sin and has come into your heart to live. I am so happy for you and I would love to know about your decision to follow Christ. Please drop me a line at jan(at)janiceeileen(dot)com...and welcome to the family of God!

--------------------------------------------------------
(Copyright© 2011 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

No comments: