Thursday, January 5, 2023

Sometimes I don't know which way is up!


 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." Psalm 32:8 (NIV)


Sometimes I'm faced with a decision or circumstances that has me totally baffled. I know I need to do something, but can't figure out what. I wonder what God's will is in the matter. Fortunately, over the years, I've figured out that the best way to know what to do, is to ask Him. I've also learned that God seldom gives me unsolicited advice, but He will always give me the answer if I ask Him and wait for His answer.

Much to my dismay, He doesn't always give me an answer immediately and it's the waiting part that's the hardest.  How about you? Don't you hate waiting?

We live in a hurry-up, instant, microwave  society. We want what we want and we want it now, so when God doesn't answer right away, we get antsy. We wrestle with ways to fix it ourselves. We wonder if He even heard us ask the question or if He's going to answer at all. And that's where the danger lies.

If we take matters into our own hands, we risk missing out on God's best for us or we might even make things worse.  So, what do we do when faced with a decision that must be made quickly, but we haven't heard back from God yet?

The answer to that question is to move forward, trusting that God will lead you. How? Check out Isaiah 30:21 - "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” 

God's promise is to instruct and teach us in the way we should go and to counsel us with His loving eye upon us. We can trust Him to lead us in the right direction if we keep our hearts tuned to His.

Deeper:
Psalm 37:23-24    Proverbs 20:24    Psalm 119:105    Isaiah 48:17
All Scriptures from the New Living Translation except when noted.

Questions:
Are you facing something that you just don't have an answer for?
Do you trust God to lead you?

Let's place our needs and questions before Him in prayer and wait patiently for His answer, trusting Him to direct our decisions and path.

-------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it with your friends using the Facebook, Twitter and other share buttons below. Thanks!

No comments: