Friday, March 18, 2011

Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos, nuclear fallout...

"The Lord is my rock, my protection, my Savior. My God is my rock. I can run to him for safety. He is my shield and my saving strength, my defender." Psalm 18:2 (NCV)

Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos, nuclear fallout, economic collapse, pandemics...

The list goes on and on. One disaster after another assails us these days. It's enough to make me shake in my boots, but it doesn't have to shake my faith in God.

The most frustrating part of everything that's happening today is my inability to do anything about it. So, I can fret and worry, stress and flip out or...I can put my trust in God.  I can run to Him when I am afraid and know that He will comfort me, give me strength and protect me.

I can focus on the disasters or I can focus on God - I choose the latter.

Prayer:
Father, thank you for being our rock - the only steady and sure thing in our world.  Thank you for the assurance that we can run to you in times of trouble, knowing that you will strengthen us and protect us. Amen


--------------------------------------------------------
(Copyright© 2011 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

1 comment:

Debbie Petras said...

I choose to focus on God too! Life is hard but I'm so thankful that I belong to the One who created it all. He is all powerful and in control. I may not understand this side of heaven but I'm learning to trust Him.

Blessings and love,
Debbie