Saturday, March 19, 2011

With All My Heart

"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29 (NIV)


"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)
 
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."  Matthew 7:7-8 (NIV)

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."  Luke 11:9-10 (NIV)

 I don't know about you, but sometimes God seems so distant. I know He's not.  The bible says over and over again that God is with us, His Spirit dwells within us, He will never leave us or forsake us, He is present everywhere at all times.  I know that, but still I go through times in my life (like today) when I can't seem to connect with Him.

So, what do I do? I begin to earnestly seek him with all my heart.  I examine myself to see if there is any sin that is standing between me and God. If there is, I confess it and turn from it.  I read the Word. I spend time in prayer. I set other things aside as much as I can and spend more time pursuing God.

Why? Because a life lived without His presence in each day is not a life worth living.

The good news is that "he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6 (NIV)

Prayer:
Father, help me to once again sense your presence. Lord, if there is anything that is standing between us, make it clear to me and help me to lay the sin aside for a better relationship with you.  I know, Lord that you are always with me, but in times like these when you seem so distant, I will seek you with my whole heart and I will find you - that's your promise. Thank you for it. In Jesus' name, Amen

--------------------------------------------------------
(Copyright© 2011 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

1 comment:

Debbie Petras said...

I love what you wrote:
"Because a life lived without His presence in each day is not a life worth living."

I'll add an AMEN to that Jan.

Blessings and love,
Debbie