Monday, July 11, 2011

Standing on the Promises

"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!”  Luke 1:45

Do you have a special promise that you believe the Lord has spoken to you?  I do, and this verse helps me to cling to that promise in faith, believing that what God has spoken to me will come to pass. Sometimes the end result of the promise seems so very far off and sometimes it seems almost within my grasp, but regardless...I'm standing fast in that promise!

In fact, I apply this same principle to every promise God has made to me (us)...all those thousands of promises I read in His word - and there are some incredible promises written there.  Promises that stir my heart and some that make my heart tremble, but no matter what the promise or how I feel about it - it WILL come to pass, for God does not lie, what He said, He will do.

That truth gives me such hope for the future that I can look at the state of this world and the problems I face personally and say, "But God."

But God is my healer
But God is my protector
But God is my provider

But God has said.....

Prayer:
Father, God, thank you for your many promises that make my heart sing, that fill me with hope and joy as I look forward to the day I seem them accomplished and for those times when I doubt-when I am afraid because of life's circumstances, help me to remember that what you have said, you will bring to pass and that blessed is she who believes that what the Lord has said will be accomplished.  I do believe, Lord! Amen



--------------------------------------------------------
(Copyright© 2011 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

2 comments:

Joy said...

AMEN!!!
Thank you for the encouragement. I too believe that what God has said He will do and that what He has purposed will come to pass, to abundant fruition.
God is good! He's sooooooooo good!!! His love and His kindness and mercy are everlasting. Praise His Holy Name.

Jan Christiansen said...

Thanks, Joy. God has been blessing me so much lately, it's making my head spin!