Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm Feelin' Blue

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
   Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
   for I will yet praise him,
   my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:5

Oh, I just hate days like this when I feel blue for absolutely no reason. What? You thought Christians didn't have those kind of days? Sorry to disappoint you, but we have them, too.  In fact if you read through your Bible, you will find that many of the pillars of the Old Testament and New Testament went through times when their spirits were low, too.

It's nothing to worry about. Just because I'm feeling blue doesn't mean my faith is weak or that God has let me down. No matter how I feel, I know that very soon my feelings will catch back up to the Truth - that God is still the Lord over all my life and that He has great plans for my future.

So, even when I am down, I will put my hope in God and I will take time to praise Him for He is worthy to be praised no matter how I am feeling.

Prayer:
Father, I praise you, even when my spirit is downcast, for you are worthy, you are loving and kind, you are my protector, my provider and my hope for the future. I love you with all my heart. Amen
--------------------------------------------------------
(Copyright© 2011 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

I can so identify! There are days when I get down and allow my feelings to take over. But then I remember that God is in control. I can trust His Word. No matter what I am going through He sees it all and hasn't forgotten me. And then I feel better.

Btw, I received your book in the mail. Thank you and I look forward to reading it soon.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Jan Christiansen said...

Thanks for stopping by, Deb. I'm just so glad that those days are few and far between and pass quickly. Enjoy the book!