Friday, April 8, 2011

Waking Up to the Good Stuff

“Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart’s delight.” Jeremiah 15:16 (NLT)

 
I've developed a habit each morning of starting the day with a good cup of coffee and the Word of God.

When I first started, I had to force myself to go to my bedroom, sit in my comfy chair and pick up my Bible. (The coffee was no problem.)  I always enjoyed my time with God in the morning, but just making the time to sit down and read seemed hard.

Now-a-days, I look eagerly forward to starting each day curled up in that chair with my Bible in my lap. I read until a verse hits home, then I copy it down on a 3 X 5 card and carry it with me throughout the day. I take time to pray after reading each morning and then go about my day knowing that God is with me no matter what the day brings.

If I happen to skip a day for whatever reason, I really miss it because this has come to be such a cherished moment in my day.

If you don't already have a regular time of Bible reading and prayer, do yourself a favor and start one. It will bless you to no end and will move you into a natural, steady growth in your spiritual life.

Prayer:
Father, your words do sustain us and bring us great joy. Time spent with you is precious and is a perfect way to start the day. As we withdraw to a special place and make time in our day for You, make us aware of your presence and lead us through your word and then through our day. Amen


--------------------------------------------------------
(Copyright© 2011 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

1 comment:

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Jan,
Beautiful. Thank you for stopping by. I love your acrostic. Did you link up at the main site?
You should!