Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Unfathomable Mystery

(Jesus speaking) "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you...On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you...Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." John 14:16,17,20,23 (NIV)

No matter how much I contemplate it, I can not fathom the truth that the God of the universe lives in me and that I am in Him.  It's a mystery too wonderful for me to comprehend, and yet, I believe it with my whole heart!

Some days I can sense His presence and other days I can not, but regardless of what I sense, or what I feel, the truth is that He is within me, guiding me, counseling me, changing me, protecting me, loving me and working through me to love and reach out to others.

What a profound and wonderful life this is!

Prayer:
Father, thank you for the saving grace of Jesus Christ, by whose sacrifice I am forgiven and adopted into the family of God, indwelt by your Holy Spirit, living with the promise of an eternity spent with you. Thank you for living in me. I submit myself to you once again. Use me to be your hands extended to those you have placed around me. Help me to show them all the love you have for them. In Jesus' name, Amen.

--------------------------------------------------------
(Copyright© 2011 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

No comments: